Friday, October 19, 2007

A peaceful day

Tonight as I sit on my back porch thinking over my day, I conclude that it has been a good day. Restful even. I took the day off to get things in order around the house and pack for a motorcycle trip to the Blue Ridge Mountains. My husband and I leave tomorrow morning. It is our 25th wedding anniversary. We are looking forward seeing the beauty of the North Carolina mountains. Hope to get some great pictures. We will be staying at a lodge in Little Switzerland.
Took my beagle Sadie back to the vet this morning for another round of accupressure on her back. She is improving slowly. Sadie is almost nine years old and is having bouts with lower back pain. Hopefully she will be back up to par soon.
After dropping Sadie off at the house, I gathered my reading materials and journal and went to Atlanta Bread Company for a couple of hours. Had some very productive reading and thinking.
As I was getting ready to leave I dropped my fork on the floor and fell backwards when I bent to retrieve it. Everyone was very nice and helpful and the only damage done was to my ego.
Had a very congenial conversation with my daughter who is away at college. I've been trying to talk to her on a daily basis lately because she has been having a rough time of it because of a betrayal by a very close friend. The relationship is no longer possible, but K is hurting because of it. It's even more painful because they attend the same college and have some of the same friends. The other party involved has said some very hurtful things about K around campus. Emotionally its taken a toll on K. I pray she will soon be able to get past this and move on in a productive way. She said it has made her so tired and she feels as though it has had an affect on her school work.
Think I will end for now in order to read a bit. I'm reading "Where God Happens" by Rowan Williams, the Archbishop of Cantebury. Lots of food for thought.

















S

No comments: